Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Book an Appointment
The excess skin and fat on the upper eyelid can create droopy eyelids and puffiness, generally giving the face an aged appearance. An Eyelid Surgery, also called blepharoplasty, is an effective way to remove the bags under the eyes, tighten the eyelid and make the area look sharp and youthful. The procedure’s generally done in combination with blepharoplasty are facelift, chin liposuction, or brow lift.
Eyelid Plastic Surgery can treat loose and sagging skin near the eyes that can disturb the natural contouring of the upper eyelid and also impair vision. It also removes the fatty deposits that appear as puffiness and bags under the eyes. At Bizrahmed in Dubai, Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery is performed by a team of experienced surgeons using the latest advanced technologies.
The medical facility is run by Dr. Bashar Bizrah, who is the leading cosmetic and plastic surgeon in the world. Along with his Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery Dubai team, he comes up with a plan, keeping in mind the ethnic backgrounds of the patients that he is working with.
Are you an ideal candidate for Eyelid Surgery ?
You may be an excellent candidate for eyelid surgery in Dubai if:
- You have excess skin and fine line on your upper eyelids.
- You have excess fat deposits on upper eyelids.
- You have bags under your eyes.
- You have drooping lower eyelids.
- You have excess skin and fine lines below your eyes.
- You are a healthy individual with no life-threatening ailment.
- You are not suffering from any serious eye condition.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You have realistic expectations with the surgery.
Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
Eyelid Surgery is performed under local anesthesia. A rather delicate surgery, our surgeons will make the incision lines in such a way that the resultant scars are well concealed within the natural folds and structures of the eyelid region. For the upper eyelid, an incision is made within the natural crease on the eyelid as it allows for repositioning or removal of fat deposits, excess skin and the tightening of muscles.
If you plan on having Eyelid Surgery in Dubai, then at Bizrahmed, Dr. Bizrah and his expert team will use state-of-the-art techniques that allow quick and natural healing. Once the incisions are made, the surgeons will separate the muscles and tissues from the skin, trims the sagging skin and once satisfied, closes the incisions with fine sutures. It takes around 4 to 5 days for the incisions to heal after which the sutures are removed.
The scars are covered with an antibiotic ointment and protected with a thin bandage. Once the effect of anesthesia wears off, it’s normal for the eyelids to feel sore and tight. In some cases, swelling and bruising are observed and can last between one to two weeks.
Eyelid Surgery Techniques
Eyelid surgery is performed using various latest advanced techniques which include:
- Upper eyelid surgery: It is performed on upper eyelids to remove the sagging skin, excess fat and lines.
- Lower eyelid surgery: It is performed on lower eyelids to remove puffiness, fine lines and under-eye bags.
- Combined upper and lower eyelid surgery: When surgery is performed on both the eyelids simultaneously, it is called combined upper and lower blepharoplasty.
Eyelid Surgery Goals
The goal of eyelid surgery in Dubai is improving the appearance of your eyes by:
- Eradicating visible signs of ageing like puffiness, fine lines, wrinkles and excess fat on upper eyelids.
- Removing ageing signs on lower eyelids like lines, droopiness and bags.
- Giving a more rested and youthful appearance to your eyes.
- Restoring vision affected by droopy upper eyelids.