MB, ChB, FRCS, CONSULTANT PLASTIC SURGEON
- University of Edinburgh
Meet Dr David Gault
With more than 30 years of experience in aesthetic surgery, Dr David Gault has dedicated his career to providing the latest techniques in developing improved and quicker results in ear reconstructive surgeries. Since qualifying from Edinburgh University in 1977, Dr Gault has consulted in some of the UK’s most prestigious hospitals. He established the UK’s first ear reconstructive centre 20 years ago and is an award-winning surgeon and international authority on ear reconstruction.
Taking special interest in the causes and cases of failed reconstructive surgery, Dr Gault started his career in 1991, training in plastic surgery in St Andrews Hosptial, St Thomas Hospital, and the Royal Marsden Hospital London, with Fellowships in Paris, California, and Japan.
Dr Gault’s renowned innovations in post-operative complications, designing a safer technique for stick-out ears, and his authority on skin lasers and ear reconstruction are revered worldwide.
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS)
- Past Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy
- Past Member, Medical Research Committee, Restoration of Appearance and Function Trust (RAFT)
- Medical Research Council, French Exchange Fellow (1987)
- Ethicon Travelling Scholarship (1987)
- Wellington Foundation Scholarship (1989)
- BAPS Travelling Bursary (1990)
- Arnold Huddart Medal, The Craniofacial Society of Great Britain (1990)
- Certificate of Educational Merit (BMA) for film “Extravasation Injuries” (1991)
- Certificate of Special Merit, World Federation of Physical Therapists 1991 for the film “The Hand”
- Daily Star “Gold” Award 1992 (Reconstruction of the “Samurai Sword” Policeman, Rob Window)
- Merit Award, National Health Service (July 1996)
- Hackett Prize, BAAPS (December 1996)
- Contributor to Principles and Practice of Head and Neck Oncology (2003)
- CC Wu Visiting Professorship, Chinese University of Hong Kong (2004)
- Merit, Surgery Team of the Year, Hospital Doctor Awards (2005)
- Winner of George Davey Howells Memorial Prize for most distinguished published contribution to the advancement of Otolaryngology during the preceding five years.
Patient Testimonials and Reviews
See how Dr Saour has helped change the lives of his patients across the world.
How Can Dr David Gault Help You
Take a look through the many life-changing surgeries and treatments offered by Dr Gault, including:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- Excess Skin Removal
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
- Lipoma Removal
- Mole Removal
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Scar Revision Surgery
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Grafts
- Skin Tags
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC)